Are you feeling motivated to freshen up your teaching and assessment task schedule? If you are looking for a way to embed growth mindset ideals in a formative assessment context, then this is the resource you have been looking for. The Stage 5 Formative Assessment Writing Resource is professional development for your department and a student assessment task all rolled into one. This resource provides you with everything you need to run the task plus a summary of the evidence based research that contributed to its design. You will learn how to facilitate the task and why each step is relevant to the learning process.
This task develops writing skills in Japanese. It is pitched at Stage 5 Year 9 students but could be modified to suit other grades.
This task will suit teachers who:
- Are striving to develop peer feedback and self-analysis skills in their students
- Are committed to growth mindset principles and the long term benefits for their students
- Want to see their students learn from and use the feedback they receive in subsequent tasks
- Want to increase the quality and quantity of feedback received by their students within a sustainable workload structure
- Are looking for a fresh take on assessment, based on evidence based research
What is included in the Stage 5 Formative Assessment Writing Resource pack?
Each pack includes:
- A student workbook to guide students through the stages of the task
- A teacher support pack that explains each step, provides suggested outcomes, success criteria, an annotated student work sample of what constitutes effective and not so effective feedback, teacher marking comment bank, professional readings summaries
- Peer feedback prompts worksheet
- Self-analysis prompts worksheet
- Student Pre-test google form
- Growth mindset teacher marking comment bank
- Student feedback sheet
How can I order a copy?
The total coast for the pack is $70. You can order simply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with the email address you would like the resource sent to and any billing requirements (eg bill to a school or as an individual, provide a quote only etc). The copyright allows you to print off the resources or edit them as you wish amongst the staff within your school campus. They cannot be shared with others outside your school campus.
This resource would work well with the Hiragana Patch and Katakana Patch resources. For more information on these visit : https://www.mantenresources.com.au/resources-teaching-scripts/