According to very official sources on the internet, 2020 is going to be “a strong, prosperous, and lucky year” for all signs of the juunishi, and “everyone will show determination regarding their goals, and aspirations”. It is “a great year for founding and evolving”. So, what are you waiting for? Time to get excited about 2020 and sign up for our Noosa workshop. Sadly, there won’t be any fortune telling at the workshop, but we will be sharing future directions in Japanese education including:
- Hansei habits for teachers and students – how can we help students prepare for success in language learning? How can we prescribe tools for change for individual students?
- Task based learning – programming learning beyond the linear. What is the place of explicit grammatical instruction in contemporary language courses? How can we keep track of what students are learning?
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives in the primary and secondary context
- Exploring soft CLIL through cross-curricular activities and play based learning
- Multimodal texts – what are they? Beyond the metalanguage to classroom application
- Surviving and thriving in the language teaching space – finding ways to align system goals with your personal values and strengths
The workshop is held Saturday July 11th which falls in the holidays for all the states, so we hope you can slot in a day with us. This year we are focusing on lots of take-away ideas and hands-on activities for primary and secondary teachers of Japanese.
This is the 3rd workshop Junko Nichols and I have run at Noosa and we would like to thank all those enthusiastic participants who keep encouraging us to come back. It is going to be a HUGE day of learning, escaping the winter cold at the beautiful Pepper’s Resort, Noosa. The range of ideas is sure to raise your motivation levels during the mid-winter slump.
Early bird offers apply to the end of Term 1 only and places are strictly limited as this is designed as an intimate workshop.
Juunishi reference: Retrieved from https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/horoscope-2020/