By now many of you have sampled the new Jblog 4 Express textbook specifically designed to support the teaching of the NSW Stage 6 Beginners course. Even if you are teaching the Stage 6 Continuers course you may like to have a copy as a teacher’s reference material. Last week I was working with a group of Continuers students and found it handy to share just a few pages on topics they needed further review in such as directions and note writing. We all know you can never have enough sample texts!
Some very organised teachers have contacted me already about the support resources for the Beginners course in 2021 and have even pre-ordered these now to spread the cost over the 2020 and 2021 budgets. If you also need to be invoiced prior to your budget cut-off date in 2020 do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
So, what is in store for the Beginners course?
Those of you who have used Manten resources for your junior classes will be familiar with our unique student workbook system. We don’t sell individual student workbooks but rather use a one-off payment pack that you can use with as many students as you like forever. We use this system for Jblog 1,2,3 and are creating a similar package for Jblog 4. We try to accommodate everyone’s budget limitations though, so we are offering a few options for Jblog 4 as listed below.
We will be releasing the Year 11 support options in the following forms:
- The deluxe pack – all programmes, student workbook pdfs, teacher marking guidelines, sound files, google forms. Basically, your unit is ready to go. $100 per unit or $600 for the full year 11 course.
- The budget pack – Program and teacher marking guidelines only – $50 each unit or $300 for the full year 11 course. You can see all the suggested activities and sample answers for the workbook tasks.
- The overview pack – teacher marking guidelines only -$150 for the set of Year 11 course of teacher marking guidelines.
We aim to release the Year 11 resources as they are completed over the remainder of this year. We will release similar content for Year 12 in 2021. The Jblog 4 Express student workbooks will be released to you as PDFs and as a word document so you can edit it as you like. You can delete tasks you don’t like and add in your favourite current worksheets easily.
What other resources do you have for Beginners?
If you are teaching the Stage 6 Beginners course, you may find the following resources relevant for your school setting:
- Teaching script – hiragana, katakana and kanji
- Year 11 Assessment task ideas
- Introduction to general language learning skills and motivational ideas
As always, if there is a resource you would love us to make, or you have an issue unique to your school that you would like some assistance with, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com . Nothing makes me happier than being able to help make your job a little easier.