Key Features of Jblog 4 Express
1. The chapter title page includes a chapter summary and an eye-catching photograph; students are more adept at learning from images than they are given credit for.
2. Jblog is a weblog that introduces the cultural background of the chapter. It has a side panel with focus Japanese words. Facts are detailed enough to keep even the most gifted students engaged.
3. The Ask Your Senpai column is based on an Agony Aunt column. A problem is posed to explain new concepts of the language, culture, or the language learning experience. For example, the problems you may encounter when using a dictionary.
4. Lucy’s Diary. Lucy is the more advanced younger sister in the textbook who models the language in more contextualised texts.
5. 10-Second Genius is a short grab that allows students to improve their “genius” ability in 10 seconds, for example, by using suffixes to create new words.
6. Destination text. These texts put the learning from the chapter into a useful context. They unpack for the student the context and text type, text type requirements, key phrases and language points and the text planning process. A sound file of these texts being read aloud is also included in the workbook resources pack. These Destination texts provide a useful scaffold for students to write their own texts and cover various text types including letters, emails, diaries and speeches.
7. City Focus. Each chapter ends with this text that provides an introduction to the focus city in English, and an interview in Japanese on location in that city.
You can download a sample chapter here: