This workshop is suitable for primary and secondary school teachers of Japanese. The day will be
divided into a series of shorter modules that will discuss topics such as advocacy, soft CLIL,
embracing topical issues in simple language, and embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives into your program. Check out the schedule below for more detail.
Date: Saturday July 13th 2019
This date falls inside the holidays for all states and territories.
Venue: Peppers Noosa resort & Villas, 33A Viewland drive, Noosa heads, QLD, 4567.
Cost and booking information: The full day workshop is $195. (The early price is $165 if you book by the end of term 1, 2019). You can book and pay for the workshop via the Trybooking link: https://www.trybooking.com/TQDQ
If you have any other questions about the day, please email us at email@example.com.
Workshop Schedule Session Overview
Session 1 : 9:00-10:30am (1.5 hours)
- Productive skills focus – ideas to improve student speaking, reading & writing skills via contemporary issues
- The art of marketing your subject – strategies to grow your elective numbers and increase your presence in the school
Morning tea : 10:30-11am
Session 2 : 11:00am-1:00pm (2 hours)
- Soft CLIL : What is it? What does it look like in a primary and secondary context?
- Exploring soft CLIL through Hokusai – linking art, Hokusai and Mt Fuji
Lunch : 1-2pm
Session 3 : 2:00-3:30pm (1.5 hours)
- Popular pedagogies & you – how to use one resource in 3 ways reflecting aspects of CLIL, Task-based learning & Comprehensible Input
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives into your program