This workshop is suitable for primary and secondary school teachers of Japanese. The day will be divided into a series of shorter modules that will discuss topics such as Growth mindset, soft CLIL, differentiation, and feedback to improve student performance. Check out the schedule below for more detail.
Date: Tuesday July 17th 2018.
This is the second week of the school holidays for NSW, ACT, Tasmania, South Australia and Northern Territory schools. It is the first week of Term 3 for Queensland, Victoria and Western Australian schools.
Venue: Peppers Noosa resort & Villas, 33A Viewland drive, Noosa heads, QLD, 4567.
Cost and booking information: The full day workshop is $135. You can book and pay for the workshop via the Trybooking link: https://www.trybooking.com/TQDQ
If you have any other questions about the day, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Schedule Session Overview
Session 1 : 9:00-10:30am (1.5 hours)
- Growth mindset versus fixed mindset – How to develop more resilience in our students
- Closing the feedback loop – Using peer and self-feedback to improve writing skills
Morning tea : 10:30-11am
Session 2 : 11:00am-1:00pm (2 hours)
- Soft CLIL : What is it? What does it look like in a primary and secondary context?
- How can I dabble in CLIL without committing to it every day?
Lunch : 1-2pm
Session 3 : 2:00-3:30pm (1.5 hours)
- Differentiation – Acknowledging that teachers and students need to accommodate their own strengths, weaknesses and learning preferences
- PERMA in language teaching – How can we teach hope? How can we develop it in ourselves and our staff?