This task focuses on listening and writing skills at the beginning of the Year 11 course. Students imagine that they are Alex, a year 11 student about to go to Japan later this year. They receive a videoclip from the homestay family they are going to be hosted by. They need to work out the gist of the videoclip and specific information in order to write a letter to the host family in Japanese.
A range of questions related to the videoclips are included in the package. The teacher can choose an appropriate number and range of questions to suit the students in their class from this selection. Teachers may of course also add their own questions or modify the suggested questions.
What is Included in the Assessment Pack?
Each pack includes:
- Two versions of the student task
- Video transcripts
- Two mixed media presentations
- Teacher marking guidelines and sample answers for both task options
- Suggested sequencing advice including the timing of the task in the course
- Suggested outcomes and weightings
- Single point rubric feedback scales
The Year 11 Japanese homestay assessment task is available for purchase for $70. It can be modified and reused each year to suit your cohort. Email email@example.com to order.